Our staff consists of certified professionals who have a deep-rooted passion for students with special needs, their families and the Academy's vision and mission.
The education and support of our staff includes initial training, as well as specialized training during staff development days and ongoing weekly training.
Areas of training include the ABA methodology, educational best practices, sensory, motor, and auditory processing, language and communication, augmentative communication, supporting family and staff dynamics, and ISBE policy and procedures.
We offer the opportunity to work in an environment where each employee receives extensive and continuous training and support, so that each student is given the best opportunity and encouragement to develop and achieve their personal best.
The GLA Team
- Program Coordinator
- Program Director
- Special Education Teacher(s)
- Administrative Assistant
- Teacher Assistant(s) / Paraprofessional(s)
- Speech Language Pathologist(s)
- Occupational Therapist(s) (OTR/L and COTA/L)
- Assistive Technology Specialist(s)
- Specials Instructor(s): (Art / Music / Computer / Physical Education)
- Behavior Analysts (BCBA or BCaBA and BCBA)
- Life Skills Coach
- Clinical Director
- Therapist (LPC, LCPC)